Why is it So Hard to Be Good?
We all want to be good — better than we are. Then, why is it so hard? Dennis identifies the key challenges that hold us back. And offers practical solutions.
Read Dennis’ column on the topic: Dennis’ Reasons Why it is So Hard to Become a Better Person
- Most people don’t particularly want to be good
- Confusion exists about what goodness is
- Goodness is not about intentions
- We don’t learn how to be good
- We think too highly of ourselves
- We think we will be taken advantage of
- There are few personal models
- We don’t believe that there are rewards for being good
- We have to battle our nature
- “I’m a victim”
- Few people were raised to be good people
- In our formative years, the least impressive are rewarded
- We have psychological blocks
Become a Pragertopia Unlimited member today to gain full access to everything Dennis Prager has to offer.
Pragertopia Membership Option: As a Pragertopia Unlimited member, you will have the ability to stream ANY and ALL content that is in The Dennis Prager Store. Stream thousands of hours of Dennis Prager programs, show segments, talks, and lectures on your phone, tablet, or computer - including Dennis Teaches the Torah
Already have Unlimited? Login to Listen